Always exploit the possibilities of Business Intelligence tools?

2 replies [Last post]
Saima_Solutions's picture

Sometimes we have found that a customer had made a large investment in software licenses Business Intelligence, and then used only a small part of what is acquired.

The most common case is to be acquired BI software and is only used to make reporting operational, rather than use the analytical possibilities of the product. Or that instead of creating new reports are designed to exploit the possibilities offered by a suite of BI, is requested or make only a migration of existing reports on an old platform reporting.

The problem is that usually occurs after having invested heavily can be a feeling that has not improved much and cause some dissatisfaction with the software.

Sometimes it also happens that licenses are being purchased, but after booting the project will not resort to external specialized consulting services, although the staff of the IT department does not have enough experience to implement a BI system.

You agree with us? Someone has been found in similar situations? I think there may be other causes?

Saima solutions

respinosamilla's picture

My most important experience in a BI system 10 years ago at a major company in the food sector. Bi system was implanted in all the group companies (distributed by Spain). Although the aim was to improve the analysis of sales information for sales offices, is intended to reach beyond the tool.

But the result was the same as you comentais. He remained as a platform for reporting, which moved most of the operating system reports (although yes, the possibilities of the new navigation system.) Very many reports were designed to cover all those things more or less rare than in the operating system was cumbersome design. And the analytical part was some analysis of costs and margins, customer analysis that really were not as profitable, alerts, key indicators, etc. But I do not think deep enough or sack full advantage of the tool (such as level control panels, boards, etc).

The initial implementation if the consultancy company made as a pilot project in one of the companies. But the rest of the implementation was carried out from the IT department with its own resources. That may also limit the scope end was achieved.

Therefore, more or less agree with your point of view. The final sense of the users was very good, but I think they could have gotten much more out of the new system.

The goal of modern business intelligence deployments is to support better business decision-making. Thus a BI system can be called a decision support system. government-grant Government business grants for women

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.

More information about formatting options

By submitting this form, you accept the Mollom privacy policy.
Google