With so many people working from home these days, Dynamics GP
cloud hosting has never been more popular. And, out of all the
questions we’ve gotten from potential hosting clients over these
last months, a couple come up more often than any other:
- How does the cost compare to traditional deployments?
- Is it secure?
So, in todayâs blog, I want to take a few minutes to share the
answers to these questions with our readers. If your new to
Dynamics GP hosting and want to learn the difference between it and
check out this popular post we wrote on the subject.
Letâs talk cost On Premise Deployment (Capital Expenditure)
- You buy and maintain your own server on which to run Dynamics
- You buy your Dynamics GP software licenses upfront.
- You pay a yearly maintenance fee for access to the latest
- If you donât have your own internal IT team to handle
software updates, you must pay an outside consultant an hourly fee
for their services to assist with this.
Hosted Deployment (Operating Expenditure)
- There is no hardware to buy. Your hosting provider owns and
maintains the server on which your software runs.
- It breaks the cost of user licenses up into predictable monthly
- There is no separate yearly maintenance fee for the software.
Your hosting provider rolls it into your hosting service
- Your hosting provider handles Dynamics GP software updates for
you. So, thereâs no need for the help of an outside consultant or
your internal IT team.
Now that you can see how the cost structures for the two most
popular Dynamics GP deployment options differ, I hope youâre one
step closer to deciding which one is the best for business.
What about security?
If yours is like most small businesses, you have at most one or
two internal IT staff members, which means you have limited
resources to spend on keeping your data safe. By contrast, hosting
providers are IT experts, for whom keeping customerâs data safe
is one of their staffâs top concerns. So, the security measures
they provide far surpass what a SMB can do alone. For more on how
cloud hosting can help keep your business safe, read the white
paper, âSeven Serious Business Risks Eliminated by Cloud ERPâ
is a must read!
Still confused? Want one-on-one advice on whether Dynamics GP
hosting is right for you? Schedule
your consultation with one of our experts. In this brief call
weâll discuss your needs, options, budget, and timeline
recommending technology to help you reach your business goals.
By: Laura Schomaker, Intelligent Technologies Inc., a North
Carolina Dynamics partner.
Dynamics GP Hosting Versus on Premise Deployment: a Cost
Comparison appeared first on ERP Cloud Blog.