Managing multiple PST files is a hectic task as users have to shift between PSTs to locate a single email. Many organizations and users prefer to merge PST files to make PST management easy. Besides this, many organizations also merge PST files to store old Outlook accounts data in a single file. Manually you can merge PST files by using the Import &export utility.
Merge PST files using Import & Export option
- Firstly create a new PST file in Outlook and then pursue the step-by-step process
- Open Outlook on your system
- Click on the File option from the left pane.
- Now select the Open &Export option, then click Import & Export.
- In the next dialog, select Import from another program or file option.
- Then, select the Outlook data file.pst option.
- Now browse the PST file you want to merge and choose the deduplication option as per requirement.
- At last, select the PST file in which you want to merge.
- Repeat the same process for every PST file.
It is how you can merge PST files manually. I’ll suggest this method only if you’ve 2-3 PST files to merge. If you have multiple PST files, then go with a professional third-party tool.
Shoviv PST merge is advanced and recommended software to merge multiple PST files in a single batch. It is easy to use the tool. Even a non-technocrat can use this software without any issues. Besides this, it provides multiple advanced options to merge PST files.
Merge PST files using Shoviv PST merge
- Install and open the software.
- Click on the add/search option and choose the PST files to merge.
- Now select the Target folder, provide a name for the PST file to store resultant PST files.
- Then, choose the Merge options between Merge PST files, Join PST files, and Merge contacts.
- Also, select the duplicate items option and click Next.
Now the software will start merging PST files and will display a live log report to you.